McQueen Fall 2011!!

Wow, Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen Fall 2011 created an absolutely stunning collection.  Such beautiful fabrics, and the beautiful simple colours of: white, lilac, gray and black and with tailoring that is spot on!  I had a hard time narrowing down my faves to just a few pics; so I chose some of the lighter colours.  However, there's a black dress that I just had to slip in.

I will have to return to this collection in the fall for the all black edition...lol









All images from style.com

Wow....was that exhilarating or what!?



Well, with that said, hope your weekend is phenomenal!!!  I am planning a trip downtown to purchase some new supplies for my fall collection, but we'll see how that goes.  I really just want to lay on a blanket in the park and take in the days.

Yesterday, afternoon I went out with the kids and stopped by one of my supply shops in the area.  I was horrified to see that she is now only selling her own designs.  The gemstone wall reduced to nothing but a meager selection and the chains selection which was once so vast is almost invisible.  I was shocked, the atmosphere in the shop was so heavy, it was so desolate.  Our area on the whole is changing, a lot of small business owners have not survived and it's really sad.

We've recently lost a great family restaurant 'Lick's', followed by 'Blockbuster' and most recently 'HMV'.  I'm
scared and concerned about the future landscape of this area.



Lisa

2 comments:

  1. About your last comments concerning the changing landscape...Yeah. Things are getting more precarious for people every day. Those 'without' are scraping to get...and those 'with' are keeping what they have close to the vest! Tough!...But thankfully some people, like designers, are still giving us pretty things to look at at least! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wug. You are absolutely right, I just hope everyone gets through this o.k.

    ReplyDelete