A Guilty Pleasure..

Last Sunday morning, my grumpy prince and I spent sometime in bed together (not doing that!), watching TLC's 'Four Weddings'; a guilty pleasure show (one of many) .  It's a wedding show where 4 brides compete against each other for an all expense paid dream honeymoon.  They judge each other on dresses, food, venue, etc. and the bride with the highest score wins a dream honeymoon.

One of the episodes last Sunday had a bride and groom (doctor/lawyer college students, so small budget)  who had a beautiful intimate evening soirĂ©e at a restaurant that thrilled me; it was so elegant and romantic.  They tied for 1st, but lost in the tie breaker :(

It made me think about how more and more brides/grooms are showcasing their individuality and personalizing their weddings.

So here's a glimpse of 'my' modern wedding, Etsy style.


1. invitations.
2. dress.
3. fab shoes.
4. her band.
5. vintage brooch bouquet.
6. his band.


For accessories I would choose something from twigs and honey (gorgeous blog).  Myra Callan from Etsy, designs some of the most beautiful bridal accessories I've ever seen.  Here are 4 of my faves (thank goodness I don't really have to choose).



1. rhinestone headband.
2. double feather flower.
3. creamy bouquet.
4. silk organza flower bomb .


For jewellery, uhm let's see, this is a tough one.  Oh, I know something from GRIMM & GRETE ;)



Hope your weekend is filled with bliss!


Lisa


2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that show still came on! I saw it many years ago...a couple of episodes. It was fun, as I remember, though. :-] By the way, I like the dress choice...and the jewelry! *wink! wink!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still on or they have very many episodes for replay because they seem to be fresh. It's one of those lightly addictive shows.
    Thanks for the wink!


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete