Queen West

I did manage to make my way down to Queen Street West (Queen West) on Friday.  It's the mecca for all things cool, fashionable and trendy and it's very close to Spadina Street which is our fashion district. Queen West is where the trendsetters used to roam (goth, punks, mods) but now it's become more trendy with stores like h&m, american apparel, gap etc. You can still find independent thinkers, great indie design shops, cool second hand and antique shops, but in general there's a different feel to Queen Street.

This area is also known for its supplies stores: jewelry supplies, art supplies, yarn, fabric, ribbons, buttons, lace.  Anything you can think of creating you can find supplies for it here; with the exception of leather supplies which is found on King Street West.  I started shopping here for jewellery supplies when I was in high school (so a hundred years ago) and it's still my main destination for supplies. There are a lots of stores to chose from and they offer a great selection of materials to fit every price point.


The SUV coming out of the building is the MuchMusic Building; if you're big in music this is where you hang!



It's supposed to be crazy hot today, but it's very cool in the tower right now.  

Have a magnificent Monday!

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if they have yarn in these parts?! O_0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wugs! yes they do and I will add that to my list...lol!

    ReplyDelete