HANDCRAFTING A CHANGE - MY E-COMMERCE CHOICE


Big Commerce
Shopify
Big Cartel
Wix
Weebly
SquareSpace
GoDaddy

In trying to decide the best 
platform for an e-commerce shop,
I gave them all a spin.  

They all have their pros and cons and each one
is very unique.  I thought they would be
very similar but the most surprising part of
this experiment is that they're all very different.

So my advice is try them all, don't just
pick the first one you see and settle. 
(most have a free test period).


Now, on to the awards:


MY #1: Big Cartel
I love how it looks and editing is a breeze.  
It might be better for a smaller shop than a
big box retailer, but that suits my needs.
Plus it was originally designed for artists,
like me.


SURPRISINGLY UNIMPRESSED: Big Commerce
Once you work around the how to's of 
adding and editing items, I liked some of
the options that were included.
But the template options were very restricting,
there were a few things I just couldn't change
and that just didn't sit right with me.


LEAST IMPRESSED: Shopify
You can't sell in USD if you live in Canada
and
My free 2 week preview was cut short when
they had a technical glitch and took two
days to fix it (and didn't offer me two
additional days to make up for it).


All the rest were ok, but just not my ideal.
Like me, you can read a dozen critiques about
every e-commerce option, but you won't know
until YOU try it. 


Come see and visit here: rebelbyfate






No comments:

Post a Comment